The ESI Corporation during its 174th Meeting held on 29.05.18 under the Chairmanship of Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Hon’ble Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge), Govt. of India has taken some very important decisions towards improvements in its service delivery mechanism. The other dignitaries participating in the meeting were Sh. Heera Lal Samariya, IAS, Secretary, Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, Sh. Raj Kumar, IAS, Director General, ESIC, Additional Secretary, Sh. Manish Kumar Gupta, IAS, Jt. Secretary and Smt. Sandhya Shukla, IA & AS, Financial Commissioner, ESIC, Hon’ble ESI Corporation Members representing Hon’ble Members of Parliament, Employees’ & Employers’ Federation/Association representatives of State Governments and officers of MoL&E & ESIC.
Following important decisions were taken during the Meeting:
- Opening of Dispensary cum Branch Office in all the districts of the country
- Nursing Internship Program in ESIC Hospitals
- Modified Insurance Medical Practitioner (IMP) Scheme, 2018
- Construction and upgradation of ESIC Hospitals at Ranchi (Jharkhand), Pune (Maharashtra), Patna (Bihar) and Bahadurgarh (Haryana)
- Facilities of Super Specialty Treatment at ESIC Hospital, Varanasi, UP