HR Priorities for the financial year 2021-22
In the process of wrapping up 2020-21 and entering into the new financial year, it has some great learnings to recall and assimilate some of the high impact areas.
Some of the strong areas included building a good learning platform over the digital platforms especially for the last mile in the value chain and structure, identifying the performance parameters clearly with the help of managers, and the bond developed by establishing emotional support areas including providing the family support. Recalling the last retirement farewell which included more than 1000 people across India is a good example to support the above.
It’s a critical task for HR leaders, to identify the focus areas of the organization in order to maximize the learning from the last year and build over the proposed future strengths:
- Employee retention Strategies and developing the bond in absence of physical connect. It is very critical to establish newer ways to establish the binding factor with a larger workforce in organisations. Empower leaders to plan and execute this change.
- Continue our digital transformation journey across the ecosystem is another critical activity or task. We have to ensure that there is no unlearning of some of the aspects executed in 2020 which establish future platforms developed over digital technology.
- Managers need to be coached on developing frequent performance discussions in light of the absence of physical presence at the office highlighting new performance expectations. The frequent interactions would help assimilate the team member’s needs as per the changing scenario and take the stock of the journey behind.
- Managing change through critical project-based assignments is a good way to execute collaboration and identifying and working on the development areas. Some of the strategic challenges and proposed transformation could lead to some of these critical projects. This is going to be a good strategy for retention for a high potential workforce. Co-learning –platforms need to be identified and worked upon.
- Salary and policies across industries need to be closely re-watched and reassessed as there have been some policies and practices which have been introduced Adhoc and may cause concern and also effective learning through ecosystem would help in developing a better framework and mechanisms
- Employee Communication Platforms need to be enhanced further and establish the connect for an organization by making information flow more critical than physical infrastructure. Enhancing employee experience becomes a critical area for most the HR leaders
- Opportunities to have flexible manpower and manpower on demand is being critically explored especially taking the benefit of location basis learning of the previous year.
- It was observed that more inclusive organizations tend to win in constraint situations. There is a consistent priority in establishing inclusive workplace practices and guidelines. This would help in looking at the forthcoming year with a broader lens.