HR Trends to Look-out for in 2021
Have you heard about a bascule bridge (also referred to as a drawbridge or a lifting bridge) is a moveable bridge with a counterweight that continuously balances a span, or leaf, throughout its upward swing to provide clearance for boat traffic – The new Agile Human Resource is shifting the same way.
Economic realignment, advances in technology, the globalization of markets, changing demographic trends, new customer needs, and increased competition are radically altering how companies operate in virtually every industry be it manufacturing or Service.
To make the organizations more effective in the face of sweeping business change, HR leaders are rethinking or reshaping their techniques for managing talent and ensure they are aligned with the new strategic objectives of their organization
HERO’s of the Organization
Managing unanticipated crisis will be a key skill & the competency that we need to imbibe & what the Pandemic Covid 19 taught us and we really feel the HR Leader come out like a HERO’s in this be it employee health or taking safety measures or following covid norms or extend extra support to employee’s family’s HR was there to support. Especially when plants were not operating or start was having limited operation managing business continuity along with employees or worker health concerns as well following the Government guidelines the Human Resource department was on their toes.
Work From Home
WFH (Wow, this is actually a new normal for the manufacturing industry, who can never think that manufacturing setup can also be operational by WFH except for the jobs which required physical movement. HR & IT Team make sure that employees are trained enough to use their Laptops from home and no work hamper infect in some function it actually increases productivity more than usual Zero Business Travel: Both IT & HR make sure that employees do not need to travel for any business meeting, they should have proper equipment’s, channels, or tool to complete their jobs without delay
Manufacturing Companies are getting more attuned to deliveries rather than on ensuring reaching office on time that the change in mind-set. Hence Punch in or Punch-out will redundant in the future.
Learning – Anywhere Anytime
Communication, Learning & Development and reviews will be more on the digitized platform. Implementation of digital tools so that employees can learn anytime anywhere as per their convenience also HR has made sure that they should have enough content to search from hence covid is the best time to use that opportunity.
Mobile Enables HR Action
Use of APP-based mobile platforms as HR solutions and for HR suites. You would like to access learning or update your profile or approve leave or would like to check the leave balance is available on your mobile phone. This is as easy as it sounds.
Technologies with HR New Practices will Open New Career Options
The new careers will be defined as the way technology is transformation, it is more than the 5th industrial revolution, you will require more Techno function expert going forward – like hiring a guy for finance team should know how to use the SAP (FICO) Platform, companies may do away with certain jobs like Administration, Reception, Secretary/ Executive Assistants, etc.
You already know about AI & Machine learning, Robotics, Cloud computing,5G& Extended Reality hence plants can increase the efficiency by applying robotics for mundane jobs & Many more
Focus on Wellness, Collaboration and Engagement in the Virtual World will be Another Trend
Start of the day with Yoga Session or using the staircase or imbibing healthy habits or organizing healthy food lunches for employees, wellness will be on the priority list of HR
Here are my TOP 10 thoughts on HR trends 21:
- As someone rightly said, we need to be agile in these fragile times, which saw turbulence, disruptions, and Business continuity was challenged.
- Managing the unanticipated crisis will be a key skill & competency that we need to imbibe & what the Pandemic Covid 19 taught us.
- Blended workplace is here to stay. Work from Home will be a well-accepted norm.
- Communication, Learning & Development and reviews will be more on digitized platform.
- We will also use many APP based mobile platforms as HR solutions and for HR suites.
- Global workforce will be working for anyone from anywhere using the technology platforms. Therefore, Talent management will be key to success.
- Companies will be more attuned to deliveries rather than on ensuring reaching office on time. Align with the thinking of your Talent pool too.
- Some of the companies may do away with certain jobs like Administration, Reception, Secretary/ Executive Assistants, etc.
- Also as Barnard Marr, a management exponent opined on 5 Megatrends for HR which will dominate us will be AI & Machine learning, Robotics, Cloud computing,5G & Extended Reality. Certainly, these will have a big role.
- Focus on Wellness, Collaboration, and Engagement in the virtual world will be another trend. Chatbots will dominate the survey world.