Zomato CEO announced the appointment of Anmol Gupta as the company’s first-ever Chief Fitness Officer on July 31.
Deepinder Goyal, Zomato CEO, shared a Tweet sharing the information, “At @zomato, we’ve always been promoting the importance of physical and mental wellbeing for our employees.”
“Announcing a paradigm shift in the constitution of our senior team. A new kind of CFO – Chief Fitness Officer“, Deepinder added.
At @zomato, we’ve always been promoting the importance of physical and mental wellbeing for our employees.— Deepinder Goyal (@deepigoyal) July 31, 2023
Announcing a paradigm shift in the constitution of our senior team. A new kind of CFO – Chief Fitness Officer 😎
Meet Anmol Gupta. Read more here – https://t.co/AnpO8uPSai
Anmol Gupta has joined us as Chief Fitness Officer. The company is looking forward to working with him to transform the way people think about work.
Going forward, he will invest heartily in the well-being of the employees, the delivery partners, and the restaurant partners.
The company created a position for a new kind of CFO — Chief Fitness Officer.
What will the Chief Fitness Officer do?
- The Chief Fitness Officer will work closely with all Zomans in their individual journey of wellness and healthy living. The new CFO will work with an in-house wellness team of trainers, nutritionists, and well-being counsellors.
- The trainers will help with weight and strength training, yoga, boxing, and more – to cater to beginners as well as pros.
- The nutritionists will chart out personalized meal plans for Zomans to track macro and micronutrient intake. It is felt that a good diet is 80% of the work in one’s fitness journey.
The company said that Zomato has always been promoting the importance of physical and mental health for the employees. For example, Zomato has –
- Fitness Facility: The Gurgaon headquarters has one of the city’s largest gyms, encouraging employees to embrace an active lifestyle.
- Mental Health Support: The company has an in-house mental health team offering a safe space for open conversations and professional guidance.
- Leave Policies: Period Leaves to support women’s health; Parental Leaves offering 6 months of leave for birthing parents, same-sex parents, and parents via surrogacy and adoption.