The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows its account holders to submit their EPS and EPF nominations digitally without the need to do it physically.
There are several social security programs under the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. Nominations for Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) and Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) can be submitted digitally.
The official Twitter handle of EPFO has also tweeted with regards to this information saying, “Follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS nomination digitally.”
It is compulsory to file e-nomination for the members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in order to receive welfare benefits for their families.
The benefits of filing e-nomination online are:
- Helps in getting provident fund (PF).
- Employee pension scheme (EPS) and Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) benefits easily in case of the death of the member.
- It also facilitates the nominee to file online claims.
Steps to submit EPS/EPF nomination digitally:
- Visit the EPFO website (click here) and go to the ‘Services’ tab. Then Select ‘For Employees’ and click on ‘Member UAN/Online Services.
- Log in with your Universal Account Number (UAN) and Password.
- Select ‘E-nomination’ under the ‘Manage Tab’.
- ‘Provide Details’ tab will appear on the screen. Then click ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to save the family declaration.
- Click ‘Add Family Details’. More than one nominee can be added.
- Click ‘Nomination Details’ to declare the total amount of share. Click ‘Save EPF Nomination’.
- Click ‘E-sign’ to generate OTP. Submit ‘OTP’ sent on mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
According to EPPO guidelines, members having a family can nominate any one or more of the family members as defined under the EPF Scheme, 1952.
EPFO has also informed to be “ALERT Beware of Fraudsters!” to alert members to the danger they may be facing. The EPFO members can log in to the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in for any queries and doubts.