The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it compulsory for all EPF subscribers to designate a nominee for providing Social Security to their families.
The last date for adding the nominee is December 31, 2021.
If you fail to add the nominee before the deadline ends, it could lead few problems including the loss of benefits such as insurance money and pension.
It is important to know that EPF account holders can change or add the nominee online-
How to do the e-nomination to your PF account?
Now, an EPFO member can submit EPF, EPS nomination online by logging in at the EPFO website. However, an EPF account holder must remember that he or she can change its EPF or PF account nominee by filing a new PF nomination. Apart from that, the tax account owner can also choose which share the nominee will receive.
- Log on to the official website of EPFO via https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Go to the ‘Services’ and tap on ‘For Employees’ option from the drop down menu.
- Tap on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’
- Then you will need to login with your UAN and password
- There you will find the ‘E-Nomination’ option under ‘Manage’ tab. Tap on it.
- Then click on ‘yes’ to update your family declaration and the ‘add family details’ or the nominee details. There you will need to provide all the asked details for the nominee.
- If you want to add more than one nominee, then tap on ‘Add New Button’ and provide the details for the another nominee.
- As soon as you save your family details, your process for the e-nomination will be completed.
Once the e-Nomination is completed, you will not require any more physical documents to carry. This service of e-Nomination was started by EPFO for the PF subscribers. Once this process is duly completed, other things like the name of the nominee, date of birth will be updated online.