One of the two main statutory social security bodies, Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has announced the Disablement Benefit as well as the steps on How to claim online Maternity Benefits for Insured Women.
ESIC has shared that it will provide the Disablement Benefit from day one of entering insured employment for disablement due to Employment Injury.
The ESIC provides continuous monthly payment until injury lasts for temporary disablement and the whole life of permanent disablement.
- Temporary disablement benefit (TDB): From day one of entering insurable employment & irrespective of having paid any contribution in case of employment injury. The Temporary Disablement Benefit at the rate of 90% of the wage is payable so long as the disability continues.
- Permanent disablement benefit (PDB): The benefit is paid at the rate of 90% of the wage in the form of monthly payment depending upon the extent of loss of earning capacity as certified by a Medical Board.
How to claim online Maternity Benefits for Insured Women?
The ESIC shared a Tweet from its official Twitter handle saying, “We are here to make you aware of how to claim online Maternity Benefits for Insured Women.”
Below are the steps to Claim the Benefits Online:
- Step 1: Log on to www.esic.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the Insured Person/ Beneficiary tab.
- Step 3: Enter your User Name and Password.
- Step 4: Click Login
- Step 5: Click Cash Benefit Claim Request Submission. Now fill up the details and register to avail of the Maternity Benefits.
Maternity Benefit is payable to an Insured Woman in the following cases subject to contributory conditions:-
- Maternity Benefit is payable for a maximum period of 26 weeks up to 2 surviving children in case of confinement of which not more than 8 weeks shall precede the expected date of confinement, on the production of forms 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21.
- Miscarriage or Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP)-payable for 6 weeks (42 days) from the date following a miscarriage.
- Sickness arising out of Pregnancy, Confinement, or Premature birth-payable for a period not exceeding one month based on Forms 7, 8, 9, and 10.
- In the event of the death of the Insured Woman during confinement leaving behind a child, Maternity Benefit is payable to her nominee on the production of Form 24 (B).
- The maternity benefit rate is 100% of the average daily wages. To Know more about the Maternity Benefits provided by ESIC click here.