An American multinational technology company, Google is hiring for winter internships that will start in January 2024 and will be 22-24 weeks in duration.
This internship is intended for students who are pursuing the final year in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Dual degree program in Computer Science or a related field.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the ‘Apply’ button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the ‘Resume’ section, attach an updated CV or resume. Ensure any proficiency in coding languages is listed on the resume.
- In the ‘Higher education’ section, fill out the fields accordingly and select ‘Now attending’ under ‘Degree status’. Then, upload a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
As a Software Engineering Intern at Google you will work with the core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of our engineering operations.
Whether it’s finding new and innovative ways to advance search quality, building computing platforms, and networking technologies, automating the indexing of videos, or continuing to refine and scale complex auction systems, you’ll develop solutions for challenging technical problems.
You will research, conceive, and develop software applications to extend and improve Google’s product offerings and collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
Just imagine trying to design and build an automated testing system for something that’s never been done before.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree program and or post-secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development or other technical related field.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from inside or outside of school or work (including open-source hobby coding).
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 6 months outside of university term time.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.