American mobility service provider company, Uber is inviting applications for Product Design Intern roles. The Last date to apply for the internship program is 3rd February 2023.
Commenting on the hiring process the company said, “At Uber, we’re reimagining the way the world moves for the better. That means being bold in our decisions and building for something bigger. We’re seeking a hardworking and thoughtful design candidate to help define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.”
“All of our interns make an impact from day one. We are looking for someone who loves problem-solving and thrives on collaboration in a supportive workplace. The team at Bangalore/Hyderabad studio critically works on global products under Rides, Customer Obsession, and Foundations”, the company added.
“We come up with creative solutions to seek sophisticated design problems—from the driver, onboarding flows, to how copy is crafted for the rider app, to self-driving car UX design. Our teammates have an incredible mix of design expertise across many design functions. Above all, we believe in craftsmanship, and crafting sophisticated, compelling, user-centric designs”, the company further added.
As a Product Design Intern working with the team, your number one job would be to make mobility effortless by building magical experiences for our riders.
You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate, build, and launch usable, useful, and delightful frameworks. You’ll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, UX research, service design, information design, and spec delivery. Your work will span building experiences and frameworks for consumer-facing experiences for Uber’s mobility products like the micro-mobility, uber bus, and core ride-sharing experiences.
LAST DATE TO APPLY: 3rd February 2023
Roles & Responsibilities
- Embed directly in one of Uber’s product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers & researchers.
- Experience the feeling of designing for millions of users – and hopefully teach us something too!
- Designers at Uber live and breathe prototypes – and are always up-to-date on the latest and greatest prototyping tools. During your internship at Uber, you’ll test out your design ideas with all kinds of high-and-low fidelity prototypes. By the end of your internship, you’ll be fully versed in new tools and trends.
- Work alongside other members of a product team to get the fit and finish right. You’ll experience release cycles and learn what details matter at each stage of the product development process.
- Utilize Uber’s design system while evolving the framework to tackle new use cases
- Present your work to the Design Team, and leave with valuable takeaways and portfolio pieces.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s/Masters in a Design stream.
- Expected graduation date from 2023/24
- Intermediate conversational English skills, and confidence in reading / writing. Be willing to dedicate time for further development in the English language
- Availability to start immediately or as per the college curriculum (not later than Aug 2023), for a period of 6 months
- Your growing portfolio has some standout work and at least one project that demonstrates the ability to build high-quality UI/UX. Can include academic work, hackathons, design competitions and/or publications.
- You’re connected with the latest apps and design trends (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have ideas and opinions on how to make many of them even better.
- You might have an eye for motion, or iconography, or UX system flows, or modern UI visuals, or design engineering and prototyping, or sophisticated tool design, and more.
- A track record of shipping extraordinary design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Experience with end-to-end (UI and UX) product design
- A portfolio showing high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
To apply for the internship click here. Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in the office for 100% of their time.