Edelweiss General Insurance Permanent WFA Policy
Insurance Tech startup Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI), has announced a policy change for all its employees across India.
New policy Work from anywhere (WFA) is a Hybrid work model that aims to empower and enable employees with their choice of workspace while ensuring optimum work productivity.
With the introduction of this policy, employees will have the flexibility and convenience to work from anywhere in India and contribute to the organization’s growth.
Whose physical presence is not required in office will be able to work from anywhere permanently, even once offices begin to reopen.
Not only this lead to smooth functioning, but it also proved to be a happy and welcome workspace for employees leading to high productivity.
This realization led to a permanent policy introduction of WFA.
Melvin Gladstone, Chief HR Officer, EGI said, “The last year has presented an opportunity to analyze and understand more creative and productive ways of working and engaging. For EGI, WFA is an investment and commitment to employee happiness and well-being.
“With this flexible model, we have ensured that safety of our staff is not compromised, while work productivity is also maintained,” added Gladstone
Edelweiss General Insurance has also implemented many other Covid Care initiatives to support its employees. These include:
1. Ensuring physical and mental wellbeing is top priority
- 24*7 online teleconsultation with Doctors to address any medical and health related concerns
- Counselling sessions with Psychologists for employees to talk to experts and unburden themselves
- Webinars with medical experts who will allay fears and address all questions on Covid and related topics
- Yoga and Meditation sessions focusing on building immunity and reducing stress
2. Covid Care leave
- 14 days of COVID leave for
- Any employee testing positive for Covid
- Any employee who is taking care of their COVID affected family members in their house
3. Vaccination drive for employees
Vaccination Drive will be conducted in a phased manner for employees and their families in select locations, subject to government rules and regulations.
4. Break from meetings
The 3rd Thursday of every month will be a No meeting day
5. Financial support
In case any employee needs financial support for Covid related exigencies, EGI will give them 3 months of their salary in advance