The Gujarat state has topped in providing employment to the youth. Quoting data from the Employment Exchange Statistics, 2023, the state government on Thursday said that is the first among all states in terms of providing employment to youth through the employment exchange.
The release stated that for 2022, the state provided 43 percent of the total jobs provided through employment exchanges in the country.
In an official statement, labour and employment minister Balvantsinh Rajput, said, “Between 2018-19 and 2022-23, more than 15 lakh youth were provided employment through the employment exchanges.”
- Around 26.4 lakh jobseekers were sponsored by the employment exchanges and out of these 6.4 lakh got the placement.
- During the year 2022, Gujarat has placed 2.7 lakh jobseekers that were the highest among all State/UTs followed by Maharashtra with 2.5 lakh.
- The state has also topped in providing jobs to the youths belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) in 2022.
- 38,700 SC youths received jobs in India and 58 percent of them 22,600 were provided jobs in Gujarat.
- Of the 22,000 ST youths getting employment in the country, 19,100 (86 percent) got jobs in Gujarat.
- In 2022, 1,22,700 women were provided employment and 45,800 (37 percent) of them were from Gujarat.
- During the year 2022, more than 8.5 lakh vacancies were notified by Maharashtra which was the highest among all State/UTs followed by Gujarat with 3.6 lakh.
In the past five years, over 7,000 employment fairs have been organized and more than 15 lakh applicants have been provided jobs.