The Virtual Faculty Buildathon 2023 is designed to expand your horizon and equip you with practical and hands-on technical knowledge. With the help of technical Bootcamps, expert mentoring, and access to licensed software, IBM Cloud, self-learning courses, and many exciting benefits at no charge.
Virtual Faculty Build-A-Thon is a project development activity where participants are enrolled in a project listed under distinct technology categories after acquiring crucial knowledge on the IBM cloud services and open source technologies in the Bootcamp.
Where will be training be conducted?
The training program will take place online via Zoom every day. You will receive an email with Zoom meeting links a day before the Bootcamp starts. The participants can use our Telegram group to connect with the mentors using this link.
Additionally, a certificate will be awarded to participants on completing this course, subject to the successful submission of a valid project within the stipulated deadline.
- Step 1: Register for Virtual Faculty Buildathon: Enrol yourself in the program.
- Step 2: Register on IBM SkillsBuild: Create an IBM SkillsBuild account to start your journey.
- Step 3: Access IBM SkillsBuild and IBM Cloud at no charge: Gain access to learning and tech resources to help you along the way.
- Step 4: Upskill on emerging technologies: Attend the 10-day Bootcamp session.
- Step 5: Enrol and start working on a project: Refer to the steps and complete the allocated project.
By joining the program it will provide to access all these benefits:
- Online live Tech Bootcamps
- Earn IBM skill badges
- Free access to IBM Cloud
- Exclusive access to IBM SkillsBuild courseware and Red Hat CodeReady workspaces
- Build practical skills in emerging technologies
- Tech mentorship and industry connect
- Project completion certificates, subject to valid project submissions
- Network with peers
How it works
- Step 1: Must be faculty linked with a certified institution. You must be a current faculty associated with an accredited academic institution/university in India at the time of registration.
- Step 2: Register for an IBM SkillsBuild account. You must register for an IBM SkillsBuild account using your institutional email id.
- Step 3: Complete the allotted IBM SkillsBuild self-learning courses. Access courses and explore the courseware section on the IBM SkillsBuild portal. Once you complete a course, simply upload the completion badge link for verification.
- Step 4: Attend the Bootcamp. Attend 10 days of live, instructor-led hands-on training on emerging technologies to understand and build solutions.
- Step 5: Start working on the assigned project. Start building the project as per the milestones provided in the SmartInternz project workspace.
- Step 6: Submit the project you have worked on. Finally, submit all the project files that you have worked on.