The selected candidates will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 40,000 during the duration of the fellowship. Moreover, selected fellows may also apply for a Ph.D. program during the fellowship.
The two-year fellowship is aimed at graduates and postgraduates to provide interest in working on the emerging domains of artificial intelligence and data science.
The opportunity is open to candidates with a 4-year bachelor’s or a master’s degree in areas relevant to RBCDSAI. The candidate should be under 27 years of age as on 31 March 2023.
Benefits of Fellowship
The IIT Madras Two-Year AI Fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- Opportunity to work on collaborative projects with world-renowned companies and institutions like, Google, NASA, CMU, MIT, Walmart, JHU, The Ohio State University, Harvard, KMC and 108 Emergency Response Services.
- Access to state-of-the-art CPU and GPU high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Opportunity to receive guidance from IIT Madras faculty, as well as earn course credits.
- Post the fellowship, several fellows are working in premier institutes such as Georgia Institute of Technology, Imperial College London, University of Wisconsin–Madison, UIUC, Carnegie Mellon University, ETH Zürich. Zurich, Switzerland, University of Michigan, University of Denmark (DTU), UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering, and Delft University of Technology.
- Opportunities to publish in top journals and attend the best conferences.
How to Apply?
Check the official IIT Madras website to apply. Applications are to be submitted via a Google form, with requisite details, including a choice of three RBCDSAI faculty members for mentorship. Interested candidates can apply by submitting the applications through the Google Form.