Centre relaxes attendance rules for employees
On Friday, the Government has issued a fresh set of guidelines for central government employees in terms of physical attendance, working hours, and more amid the rising cases of COVID-19.
Staff with disabilities and pregnant women employees have been exempted from attending office, but they shall continue to Work From Home.
- All the secretaries of the ministries/departments are mandated to regulate the attendance of their employees, at all levels, keeping in view the Covid positive cases in the office and the functional requirements.
- All central government departments will continue with staggered office hours and 50 percent attendance of Under Secretary and below level employees till the end of this month to avoid over-crowding at their workplaces.
- The rules will continue till the end of this month, May 31.
- Officials in the containment zones are allowed to work from home “till the containment zone is denotified.
- These officers shall be available on telephone and electronic means of communication, at all times.
- All officials must strictly follow Covid-19-appropriate behaviour including wearing a mask, physical distancing, use of sanitiser and frequent handwashing with soap and water.
- Crowding in lifts, staircases, corridors, common areas, including refreshment kiosks and parking areas, is to be strictly avoided.
- Biometric attendance shall continue to be suspended untill further orders.