COVID-19: Bridgestone rolls out employee psychological wellbeing measures
Bridgestone India, a leading tyre manufacturing company has initiated a slew of measures aimed at de-stressing and for the psychological wellbeing of its employees amid the raging coronavirus pandemic in the country.
The company said that the work from home phenomena has no fixed timings leaving little time for employees to organize their work schedule or be with their families.
Bridgestone India has announced and communicated to all staff below developments.
- Till 1 pm every Monday will be a no meeting zone, giving employees time to organize their work priorities for the week.
- A fixed lunchtime for employees during which period, there will be no online meetings.
- For next three months, there will be one Friday off for all employees so as to enable them to spend quality time with their families over an extended weekend.
- Employees should log off by 5 pm.
- ‘Take 5’ – which allows employees to take five consecutive days off work to energise and reinvigorate themselves.
Above initiatives will be applicable to both its plants in Pune and Indore and all its offices throughout the country.
Apurv Choubey Chief Human Resources office, Bridgestone India, “An essential part of business continuity during the past few months has been the Work from Home solution which has been universally adopted. This has however led to employees having no fixed timings, being constantly on call and not having any quality time for themselves or their families leading to high levels of stress. Our initiatives are aimed at addressing these issues and ensuring that our team-members work destressed and have quality time for themselves and their families.”
Bridgestone India also rolled out several support initiatives reaching out beyond employees, to its communities during the pandemic. The Company contributed towards setting up two Oxygen Generator Plants in Pune and at Devi Ahilya Covid Care Center, Indore, the second largest COVID Care Centre in the country.
The Bridgestone Group has supplemented its India arm’s efforts by contributing 56 ventilators, 120 oxygen concentrators, and 10,000 N-95 Masks. The company has also been responding regularly to the needs of PPE and other safety equipment of Covid care centres in Pune and Indore; as well as reaching out to the trucker community to provide COVID Safety kits and quarantine/isolation facilities, as they work to ensure the supply of goods across the country.