Camps are being organized for orientation of skilled workforce under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
This mode is suitable where a certain group/cluster of candidates with particular skill sets are concentrated. These candidates are provided with a mandatory orientation of 12 hours. As on 10.07.2021, around 23 lakh candidates have been oriented in around 22 thousand RPL Camps across the country.
Under PMKVY, as on 10.07.2021, 1.37 crore candidates have been enrolled; Out of which, 1.29 crore candidates are trained/oriented.
In order to enhance job opportunities, demand- driven skill training is being imparted in National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) aligned job roles developed by industry-led Sector Skill Councils (SSCs).
Further, placement under the scheme has been linked with payout to training providers. The last tranche, i.e., 30% of total payout is being disbursed to training providers on ensuring placement of the candidates. Further, to enhance placement of the certified candidates, following support is provided under the scheme:
- Conduct of Rozgar Melas with the support of Sector Skill Councils, training providers and implementing agencies;
- Post placement support of Rs. 1,500 per month per trainee is applicable for special groups (women, PwD, transgender);
- One-time placement travel cost up to maximum of Rs. 4,500 per candidate;
- Implementation of employer-led training model for captive placement; and
- Career progression support of Rs. 5,000 per candidate to training provider for every candidate who gets Rs. 15,000 per month job.
This information was given by the Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in a written reply in the RajyaSabha today.