All private offices are closed, and 100% WFH imposed from today for all employees
From today, the Maharashtra government implements new restrictions including a night curfew in the state and a “strict lockdown” over the weekends from Friday 8 pm to Monday 7 am amid an unprecedented surge in coronavirus cases.
The rules, which come into effect from Monday, April 5, include a curfew from 8 pm to 7 am; a ban on gatherings of five or more throughout the day.
- Section 144 is imposed across the state. More than 5 people cannot gather or meet anywhere
- All private offices are closed, and 100% WFH imposed from today for all employees
- Companies in financial domain like banks etc are open.
- Government offices to work at 50% capacity.
- Restaurants/pubs/bars are closed, take-aways will be allowed.
- Industrial operations and construction activity are allowed.
- Rules to control crowding in vegetable markets are introduced.
- Film shoots are allowed without crowds but theatres will be closed.
- Everything except essential services are closed on weekends, home delivery allowed.
- Salons, malls, cinema, gyms, clubs etc are closed.
- All schools and colleges are closed, but the examination of class 10th, 12th will be allowed, as per the plan
- Any apartment/society with more than 5 cases will be declared as a mini-containment zone
- There will be no new restrictions on traffic but public transport will run at 50 per cent capacity.
Except the essential services shops, medical shops and grocery shops, all other shops, markets and shopping malls will be closed till April 30.
All private offices, except in banking, stock market, insurance, pharma, telecommunication, and mediclaim sectors, will remain shut from today till April 30 as part of these restrictions. Work from home is mandatory for private offices, except those in local disaster management, electricity, and water supply,” the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) said in a statement.
Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter!