Unlock 2.0 Guidelines & Rules: The Centre on Monday issued guidelines for Unlock Phase II, beginning from July 1, with relaxations in night curfew, provision for more domestic flights and trains, and clearance for more than five people in a shop.
However, schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will remain closed till July 31, and Metro rail, multiplexes, gyms, swimming pools, bars, and auditoriums will stay shut until further orders.
“The new guidelines are based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related central ministries and department,” the government said in a statement.
What to remain closed
- Schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till July 31.
- Metro rail services to remain shut until further notice.
- Cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places will continue to remain closed under Unlock 2.0.
- Any social, political, academic, cultural, or religious function or any other form of the large congregation will not be allowed in Unlock 2.0.
- Lockdown shall continue in the containment zones till 31 July 2020.
- Night curfew shall remain in force, between 10 pm and 5 am, except for essential activities.
- Depending upon their size and ability to ensure physical distancing, shops can now have more than five persons at a time.
- Night curfew will now be from 10 pm to 5 am, instead of 9 pm to 5 am.
- International air travel has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further opening-up will take place in a calibrated manner.
- Training institutes of both Central and state governments can function July 15 onwards.
Other guidelines with regard to wearing of masks, expected measures at workplace and use of Aarogya Setu app have been reiterated as in the past.