Recently, A multinational technology company, Google parent Alphabet announced the sack of 12,000 employees.
The company has already sent the email to the employees in the US. The company is providing the following benefits to the affected employees:-
- The impacted employees will be given a severance package that includes 16 weeks of salary, two weeks for every additional year at Google.
- At least 16 weeks of GSU vesting. The company will also pay 2022 bonuses and remaining vacation time.
- Along with the above benefits the impacted employees will be provided other benefits including 6 months of healthcare, job placement services, and immigration support.
However, Sundar Pichai the CEO of Google also wrote an Email to Employees stating that the company is going to support employees as they look for their next opportunity.
Chris Donnelly, the Co-Founder, shared a LinkedIn post stating that the employees had to wait in line to test their access passes.
He highlighted two conditions:-
- If the pass turned green, they were allowed inside the office.
- However, if the pass turned red that meant the employee had been laid off.
However, Chris Donnelly, the Co-Founder, shared a LinkedIn post saying, “This isn’t squid game. This is real life. Google employees who arrived at the New York office on Friday morning and stood in a line to test their passes..”
“If it turned green you were allowed in, if it turned red, you had been laid off. Their emails had been shut off, so they didn’t know they’d been laid off. The repercussions for Google’s employer brand will be long-lasting”, he added.
On the other hand, Google has also delayed the Year-end bonus checks for employees due to the transition to a new performance management system. The company will initially pay an 80% advance bonus to eligible employees. The advance bonus will be paid in January, and the remaining 20% in March or April.