According to reports, White-Collar Job openings for women seek an increase by 35 percent in February 2023.
The number has been presented by the talent management platform Foundit (formerly Monster APAC & ME). The report has also suggested that Job openings increase in the following sectors, geography.
- The female workforce in terms of Industries: Women share a significant number in the workforce in BPO sector including 36 percent, IT/Computers-Software at 35 percent, followed by 22 percent in the banking/accounting/financial services.
- The female workforce in terms of geographic distribution: The female workforce shows 21 percent in Delhi NCR, 15 percent in Mumbai, and 10 percent in Bangalore.
- Job Opening according to Industries: The job opening has seen an increase in women in sectors such as recruitment, staffing or HRO (20 percent share), and hospital, healthcare, and diagnostics (8 percent).
Sekhar Garisa, CEO, Foundit said, “Female workers have shown themselves to be hard-working, creative, collaborative and highly competitive.
“Women leaders worldwide have made headlines for how well they managed to stay afloat in times of great crisis. But there is still work to be done and miles to walk”, Sekhar Garisa added.
Sekhar Garisa further said, “Companies need to innovate their work modes to ensure flexibility, actively work to foster an inclusive workplace, and ensure that diversity extends beyond their hiring pamphlet.”
The report also shows the below findings:
- The women who took career breaks due to the pandemic have also re-joined the workforce.
- Additionally, companies have taken various initiatives to increase female participation in the workforce. These companies have included various benefits such as menstrual leaves and childcare. Additionally, the companies have also introduced various programs such as flexibility at work and diversity-focused hiring.