There are several social security programs under the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. Under EPS-95 scheme, EPFO has shared the benefits payable to Orphans, Children, and Parents/Nominees.
The EPFO shared in a Tweet from its official Twitter handle saying, “Documents required to avail pension in case of death of EPS-95 pensioner” In case of any query, the members can log in to the official website epfindia.gov.in.
The documents required by EPS-95 pensioner:
- Death Certificate of Pensioner
- Copy of Aadhar of Beneficiaries
- Bank Account Details ( Original Cancelled Cheque or Attested Copy of Bank Passbook) of Beneficiaries
- Proof of Age- In the case of Children
The benefits payable to Parents/Nominee are as follows:
- Pension to nominee for the entire life paid on death of the member, in case there is no family member, as defined under EPS’95.
- Lifelong pension equal to monthly widow pension paid to dependent father/mother on the death of the member provided there is no family or nominee of the member.
The benefits payable to the widow/ widower are as follows:
- In case, a member dies while in service, the widow or widower is entitled to a monthly pension of Rs 1000.
- In case of death of the pensioner, the pension to his or her widow or widower is 50 per cent of the pension.
The benefits available for the orphans under EPS-95 scheme are as follows:
- Pension amount is 75 percent of the monthly widow pension, with a minimum of 750 per month subject to a maximum of 2 orphans children at a time.
- The pension will be payable till 25 years of age.
- Pension paid lifelong if suffering from any disability.
The benefits available for the children under EPS-95 scheme are as follows:
- Pension amount is 25 per cent of monthly widow/widower pension, for each child at a time, subject to maximum 2 children at a time.
- The pension will be payable for two children at a time, till 25 years of age.
EPFO has also informed to be “ALERT Beware of Fraudsters!” to alert members to the danger they may be facing. In case of any query, the EPFO members can log in to the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in.